Paid Solicitor and Fundraising Counsel
Licensing and Renewals
State charitable solicitation registration for
fundraising counsel and professional solicitors
can be complex, but you don’t have to go it
alone. We handle every aspect of the
registration process. Supported by our expert
team and robust software, your organization
is in good hands.
We would love to talk with you about your
Currently, 40 states plus the District of Columbia require Solicitors and Fundraiser Counsels to obtain a Fundraising License. Failure to register could result in penalties, fees and worst still loss of reputation.CONTACT US
Our task is to keep you in compliance with the states.
A professional fundraiser must obtain permission from a state agency prior to engaging in any solicitation activity on behalf of a charity. Some states issue fundraising licenses, some a simple letter of acknowledgment, and some a certificate to confirm that the fundraiser has the state’s permission to provide their specific services to their client. Permission from state agencies must be renewed by the required deadlines.
Learn how we can assist you.
We handle every aspect of the process and would love to
talk with you about your state registration needs.
State requirements for professional fundraisers are quite complex.
- 44 states require paid solicitors to be licensed.
- 38* require paid solicitors to obtain surety bonds.
- 14 states require individual solicitors to be licensed.
- 43 states require a commencement or notice of intent to be submitted and approved by the state agency.
- 43 states require contract amendment or extensions.
- 35 states require financial reports.