Foreign qualification is the process of registering a nonprofit or business in a state other than the one in which it was incorporated. It allow organizations to conduct activities in a state. The state issues a certificate of authority that authorizes the organization to transact business in the state. Nonprofits must obtain foreign qualification to maintain good standing in a state.
Keeping up to date with ever changing forms, reports, and regulations in multiple states requires a significant number of hours and the overhead expenses that go with it. Let us handle the compliance on your behalf. We efficiently complete the entire foreign qualification process for you in any or all states.
If any of the following apply to your organization, then foreign qualification may be required.
- Does your nonprofit have an office or employee in a state?
- Do you do conduct business or fundraise in the state in question?
- Does your nonprofit issue Charitable Gift Annuities or are there plans to be included in a State Employee Campaign?
We are the State Registration Professionals
- We verify the corporate standing of your organization with the state.
- We complete your foreign qualification, registering you to do business in a state other than the state in which you formed your nonprofit organization
- We manage your corporate registrations and ensure that you remain in compliance.
- We prepare and file your Annual Reports with the Secretary of States' offices.