Washington DC State Fundraising Registration
Resources for charities, businesses, professional fundraisers, and individuals conducting fundraising activities
Washington DC Nonprofit & Fundraising Company Licenses
Labyrinth provides the state fundraising regulations below as a guide to help you apply for and maintain your ability to fundraise. Need help? We can manage your state registrations for you. Contact us today to learn more.
Washington DC defines requirements for:
• Charitable Organization Registration
• Commercial Co-Venturer Registration
• Professional Fundraiser Registration
• Individual Nonprofit & Fundraising Licenses
• Charitable Gift Annuity Registration
Need a different state? Visit our 50-state Compliance Guide
Washington DC Charitable Organization Registration
Agency: Washington DC Attorney General - Consumer Interest Division
Law: Washington DC Code § 13A-9-71
Foreign Qualification is Prerequisite: No
Registered Agent (Special Agency) Required? No
Filing Method: Online
Agency Fee: $412.50
Turnaround: 2 - 3 weeks
- Before you Apply -
- How to Apply -
1. File entity formation documents with the D.C. Secretary of State.
2. Submit the online form or Charitable Organization Registration Form and all required attachments to apply for registration with the D.C. Attorney General - Consumer Interest Division.
1. Determine whether or not your charity will need to foreign qualify based on your activity in D.C.. If not required, skip to number 3.
2. File foreign qualification documents with the D.C. Secretary of State.
3. Submit the online form or Charitable Organization Registration Form and all required attachments to apply for registration with the D.C. Attorney General - Consumer Interest Division.
- Required Attachments -
Filing Method: Online
Agency Fee: $412.50
Due Date Extension:
Due dates can be extended for 180 days beyond the original due date by submitting a request for extension through the online portal.
Agency Fee: $0
Notes: To close out your registration, submit a BBL cancellation request form online.
I’ve had great experiences with Labyrinth across two organizations, I definitely recommend their services!
District of Columbia Commercial Co-Venturer Registration
Commercial Co-venturer licensure is not required on the State level in District of Columbia.
District of Columbia does not currently have a traditional registration requirement for commercial co-venturers, but they may need to follow other regulations before and after fundraising events.
Labyrinth has taken the stress out of ensuring our organization is current with all state requirements. Their knowledgeable staff are always available to answer questions and provide guidance giving me peace of mind. I can’t say enough about the value they bring to our organization.
District of Columbia Charitable Gift Annuity Registration
Charitable Gift Annuity licensure is not required on the State level in District of Columbia.
The District of Columbia does not distinguish between annuities issued by charitable and for-profit entities.
I highly recommend this company for any organization that needs help with state filings. They have excellent customer service, have exceptional pricing, and have a true passion for helping organizations with this service. They are FANTASTIC!!
District of Columbia Professional Fundraiser Registration
Professional Fundraiser licensure is not required on the State level in District of Columbia.
District of Columbia does not currently have a traditional registration requirement for professional fundraisers, but they may need to follow other regulations before and after fundraising events.
District of Columbia Individual Professional Fundraiser Registration
Professional Solicitor licensure is not required on the State level in District of Columbia.
Solicitors who are not employed by a professional fundraising firm but operate independently may be required to register. Employees of professional fundraising firms are generally not required to register as an individual solicitor in District of Columbia.
Thank you, you truly are amazing! And frankly we would be lost in all of this if it wasn’t for you.
Learn about fundraising in other jurisdictions: